This gorgeous creation is so easy to make, so impressive and sugar free, dairy free and totally AMAZING!!
Adapted from a recipe from www.sweetlyraw.com
I used my Thermomix to make this but the original recipe was non-Thermomix so you’ll have no problems if you’re using a processor or blender.
You need to do some pre-preparation:
Soak 2 cups of cashews in filtered water overnight or for at least 6 hours
Ingredients for Base
- 1 cup (250g) raw almonds
- 1 cup (140g) pitted medjool dates
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla powder – can sub vanilla extract but won’t be raw
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (Himalayan is the best)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons water as needed
- Grind the almonds in food processor until fine (Thermomix 8 seconds speed 7)
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend together (Thermomix 10 seconds speed 7)
- Check consistency and if needed (should be able to press it together) add 1 tablespoon water, blend and check again
- Press into base of pan (I used a 9 cm fluted tart flan but a cake tin with removable base will work well) and press down with the base of a flat bottom glass.
- Place in freezer while preparing filling
Ingredients for Filling
- 2 cups cashews – soaked in filtered water overnight, strained of water (measure 2 cups then soak)
- 2/3 cup organic maple syrup
- ¾ cup water
- 2/3 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (Himalayan)
- 1/3 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup melted coconut butter (see instructions below to make your own)
- Blend all ingredients except coconut oil and coconut butter in blender or processor until creamy (Thermomix 30 seconds speed 8)
- Add coconut oil and coconut butter and blend to mix in
- Pour over base
- Place in freezer for at least 3 hours
- Serve frozen or thaw slightly. Top with frozen or fresh raspberries or fruit of choice.
Place 200 grams shredded or flaked organic coconut in high speed blender or food processor and blend for around 10 minutes until mixture is liquid and smooth. Be patient, it takes a long time and don’t be tempted to stop before it reaches this liquid stage.
This coconut butter will keep at room temperature for at least 6 months and is great as a spread or straight from the spoon.
I hope you love this raw chocolate cheesecake as much as I do!